Waverley is to join the rest of Surrey in Tier 4 from Boxing day.
The announcement was made by the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock today in his latest COVID briefing:
“We mustn’t give up now, – we must suppress the virus until a vaccine can make us safe.”
“There are brighter skies ahead.”
Tier 4 will force all non-essential shops and businesses to close.
What is the new Tier 4?
- Stay at home wherever possible
- No ‘Christmas Bubbles’
- Non-essential retail will close including gyms and beauty salons
- People must work from home if they can
- You can only meet one person from another household outside
- No-one should leave or enter Tier 4 areas unless for work that cannot be done from home.
We are updating this article constantly as new information comes in.
- Virus: Pixabay