In an email to all members of Guildford Borough Council, the Leader of the Council, Cllr Joss Bigmore has provided the following update on the Coronavirus Vaccination Programme in Guildford for all residents. The update comes following many questions from residents about the programme and has issued this most up-to-date details and information:
14/1/2021 Guildford Borough Council Update on Coronavirus Vaccination Programme in Guildford
- The NHS will get in touch with you when they have vaccines available.
- Please don’t call your GP surgery to enquire about vaccines as this may block their phone lines and prevent patients who are ill getting in touch with their doctors.
- The NHS is working as quickly as possible to vaccinate everyone who is a priority, if you have not been contacted yet, you will be very soon.
- Please attend your booked appointment and wear a face covering. It is important that you do not arrive too early for your appointment to help maintain social distancing.
- Details of where you can park near your vaccination centre will be included on the letter or message you receive from the NHS.
- As a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) we are currently supporting the NHS by providing parking spaces for their staff and patients receiving the vaccination at G Live. The spaces provided and the vaccination programme are managed by the NHS.
- Critical key workers can park in council car parks for free while they carry out related duties through the government’s free council car parking scheme. Passes need to be clearly displayed and are available through NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and the Royal Voluntary Service. More information on health, care and volunteer workers parking passes and concessions can be found here.
- Due to staff being redeployed to help with the vaccination programme and deliver food parcels, we are unable to provide parking assistance for smaller vaccination sites which are spread out across the town.
- We are following government and BPA guidance and parking services are operating as normal. If for any reason a resident receives Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) when visiting a vaccination centre, they should get in touch and show us the letter from the NHS, it will be cancelled provided that they have parked considerately, safely and responsibly.
- The barrier on Guildford High Street has been opened until further notice to help with access during the COVID vaccination programme, as the Super drug store is one of the main vaccination centres in Guildford as a local pharmacy (again NHS will contact directly for appointments). However, the waiting restriction zones will still apply.
- More information and advice on the vaccine can be found here.
- COVID testing: HIllbers News